Alpha Iron Works is a steel fabrication shop specializing in stairs and railings. We are seeking a fabricator/welder to work in the shop. Most of our work is either steel or stainless steel and occasionally aluminum.
The ideal candidate will be:
- MUST be able to layout and have excellent blue print reading skills
- 2 years experience in an industrial setting
- Mechanically inclined
- Skilled with tape measure and basic math
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Self-motivated and hard working
- Have a good attitude and be able to work with others
- Be willing to work overtime as needed
- Be production-focused, efficient and open to improvement
- Able to fabricate in both carbon and stainless steel. MIG weld, operate cutting torch, plasma cutter,
- bandsaw, grinders, shear etc.
- Pre-employment and random drug screening
Will have duties that do not pertain to welding. Must have prior experience fabricating. Will need to pass weld test. We are a production-focused shop that values good people. Our employees are long-term, well compensated and rewarded with a profit-sharing plan and bonuses.